Matt Wolfe presents a basic Platform for Philadelphia. By taking a common sense approach and standing up for the citizens and taxpayers of the city, he believes that we can affect policy in a positive way to begin the process of rebuilding Philadelphia. This is obviously not a comprehensive list of things that must be done to improve the quality of life for the citizens of Philadelphia. He believes that it is, however, a list of realistic and achievable goals for the city to work towards. It will make a difference.
- Fight any new taxes or increases in our existing taxes.
- Reinstate the planned business and wage tax cuts.
- The recommendations of the Tax Reform Commission should be fully implemented.
- Philadelphia needs to reduce the size of government and reprioritize spending.
- Avoid insolvency by shifting from a defined benefits pension plan to a defined contribution plan.
- Drop DROP
- Reign in payroll and benefit expense that have outstripped private sector equivalents
- Increase parental voice in their children’s schooling
- We need term limits for all city elected officials, not just the Mayor. Two terms is enough.
Matt Wolfe means it. He will serve out his full term and not seek reelection.
- Needs to be ended