Matt Wolfe presents a basic Platform for Philadelphia. By taking a common sense approach and standing up for the citizens and taxpayers of the city, he believes that we can affect policy in a positive way to begin the process of rebuilding Philadelphia. This is obviously not a comprehensive list of things that must be done to improve the quality of life for the citizens of Philadelphia. He believes that it is, however, a list of realistic and achievable goals for the city to work towards. It will make a difference.
- Fight any new taxes or increases in our existing taxes.
- Reinstate the planned business and wage tax cuts.
- The recommendations of the Tax Reform Commission should be fully implemented.
- Philadelphia needs to reduce the size of government and reprioritize spending.
COLLECT UNPAID TAXES
- Currently, almost $400 million in unpaid property taxes are owed to the city.
- Avoid insolvency by shifting from a defined benefits pension plan to a defined contribution plan.
- Drop DROP
PUBLIC EMPLOYEES PAYROLL AND BENEFITS
- Reign in payroll and benefit expense that have outstripped private sector equivalents
OPPOSE SAFE INJECTION SITES
- Enabling addicts is not the way to solve the problem
COMBAT THE OPIATE EPIDEMIC
- Increase education on opiates for children and the community
- Stop pill mills and other bad actors
- Ensure those who need medications legitimately can still access them
- Expand the Recovery School Bill passed in 2016
- Secure our port from illegal drugs being shipped in
Audit the Traffic System
- More efficient travel will improve quality of life
- We need term limits for all city elected officials, not just the Mayor. Two terms is enough.
Matt Wolfe means it. He will serve out his full term and not seek reelection.
- Needs to be ended